Monday, 29 September 2008

Yasmin Fostock the Pole dancer!!

Most sceptics claim that children are only religious because they follow the ways of their parents. “There are no Catholic children”, Dawkins once famously said. “Only children of Catholic parents”.

But indoctrination of children is not automatic – some children will rebel. And this is especially the case if the cultural milieu goes against the grain of conservative theistic dogma.

But even so, the story of Yasmin Fostock is remarkable to say the least.

Because according to the Sun, Yasmin, who is the daughter of outspoken preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed, got a boob job and then – wait for it – went on to become an erotic pole dancer!


Yasmin, who was raised in a strict religious household, said she does not get along with her dad and she does not agree with his views, the paper said.

"His views are nothing to do with me. I am an adult, my own person. I am an individual. I do my business and he does his," The Sun quoted Yasmin as saying.

Bakri, 50, has not spoken to his daughter in years and was reportedly "deeply shocked" about the news that his daughter dances around half-naked on stage and said she is free to choose her own path in life but should seek God's forgiveness, the paper reported.

"I have no control over her because as far as I know she is still married. Her behavior should be the responsibility of her husband," Bakri was quoted as telling The Sun, referring to Yasmin's brief arranged marriage to a Turkish man when she was 16-years-old.

I wonder where she dances? I bet that is the question that is on everyone’s lips at the moment!

0 comments: